Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nevada Debate

With the debate Tuesday I think I would share my thoughts on the candidates performance. This was definitely the most heated of the debates so far. There were many heated exchanges, most of them coming between Rick Perry and Mitt Romney. I think Perry did alright to make sure he was not forgotten, but Romney also made him look foolish by shutting down his attacks. Perry also failed to hit Romney a couple times because he would interrupt Romney. Cain really struggled with all of the other candidates targeting his 9-9-9 plan, with the fact that a study came out saying that 84% of Americans would end up paying more taxes. Cain also showed his weakness in foreign affairs when he was forced to admit he made a mistake in an earlier interview about negotiating with terrorists. Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum all needed big nights to have a chance at winning the election, and while all of them had good nights, it was nothing close to what they needed. I feel Romney did the best, showing his experience in debates and being able defend most of the attacks his rivals made against him. It was telling of the candidates opinion of Cain winning the nomination, when him and Romney are virtually tied in the polls, but outside the first fifteen minutes Romney was targeted the most. I see Perry moving up slightly, Cain falling so they are about tied. Romney will stay about the same and maybe rise a little. The other candidates will remain about the same. It will be interesting to see if anybody drops out in the next month before the next debate.

1 comment:

  1. I must say they have one of these like every other week. I got tired of them weeks ago. I am just waiting for the actual work to begin once they have a one of the ever growing and changing people selected. Ha and I like the phrase flavor of the month it fits lol

    ReplyDelete